About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Department of Estate Management and Valuation in the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura has been a unique higher education establishment, which makes a remarkable contribution to the development of Sri Lanka through undergraduate and postgraduate education in the field of Real Estate Management and Valuation for more than thirty years. The department also encourages research and publications in the field by publishing the "Sri Lankan Journal of Real Estate", which is an internationally- refereed research journal for the benefit of Sri Lanka and other countries.
Hereby, the Department cordially invites prospective researchers, academics, professionals, students and other interested individuals to contribute by sending your valuable research papers/articles to be published in the "Sri Lankan Journal of Real Estate".
Objectives of the Sri Lankan Journal of Real Estate
- To encourage scientific and systematic research and publications in the field of Real Estate Management and Valuation
- To further strengthen the industry and the university links through research and publications
- To assist decision making and implementation process of the country with regard to the Real Estate by providing systematic and scientific data and information
The nature of the journal
This is a refereed journal published by the Department of Estate Management and Valuation annually in December. Papers received on or before 15th October in every year are considered for the publication of the year. The Department and the Editorial Board reserve the right to determine the format and the style of the journals.
Each prospective article will be blind-reviewed. The views of the articles in the journal do not represent the views of the Department of Estate Management and Valuation. The Department will commit to publish only the original contributions to the field of real estate by respective authors from Sri Lanka and other countries. Followings are the major areas of the field to which the journal will dedicate.
- Real Estate Development and Management
- Real Estate Valuation
- Urban Planning and Management
- Real Estate Marketing and Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Information System
- Real Estate Economics
- Real Estate Law
- Natural Resource and Environmental Management
Peer Review Process
Each prospective article will be blind-reviewed.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Guidelines for contributors
- Sri Lankan Journal of Real Estate welcomes original research articles (6000- 8000 words) and research notes (2000-3000 words)
- Language of the journal is English or Sinhala
- Articles must include an abstract (not more than 150 words) with five key words (not more than 05 words), body of text, and a list of references (preferably less than 15 core references)
- Authors of papers/articles should indicate the full name(s), affiliations, and contact details (TP numbers and e- mail addresses) after the abstract
- Figures and tables are permitted only in black and white and limited space will be used for figures and tables
- All citations within the text and the list of references should be made according to the �Harvard Method�
- Manuscript of research papers/articles, which ensure a high accuracy of language (grammar, punctuations, spellings etc), should be typed in doublespacing on one side of A4 papers using 12 font size of Times New Roman. Manuscript should be submitted to the Editor- in-Chief of the journal in triplicate by post with a soft copy in MS Word or via Email. Having blindly reviewed of each manuscript, comments of reviewer(s) or decisions of the Editorial Board will be made available to the respective author(s). Once a paper/article is accepted for publication in the journal, two copies of the paper/article should be submitted along with a soft copy in MS Word for formatting
- Once a paper is accepted, the author can not republish it without prior permission of the Department
- All the communication should be made through the Editor- in-Chief, Sri Lanka Journal of Real Estate, Department of Estate Management and Valuation, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
Sources of Support
University of Sri Jayewardenepura